Monday, June 10, 2013

Race Medals

If you are a runner, you most likely have a few too many homeless race medals and/or bibs.  Maybe they have been tossed in a drawer, or maybe they continually do the "desk shuffle," as you debate the perfect way to display them.  Since my husband seems to have formed a new habit, and loves running half marathons, we had the same problem with his race medals.  He wanted a way to display them that wasn't lame or cheesy, so I came up with a more manly craft.  It lacks a little luster for my taste, but it also matches the stain of other pieces in the room and looks good in the space.

I stained the wood and started measuring to evenly distribute the hooks
First hook placed!  Yes, this involved some drilling...
I did it without the hubby's help!  

4 hooks for the 4 marathons

Here's the final product.  If I had my way, I would have added a saying -
maybe "runner," or "marathons."  But, after all, they aren't my medals!
Now my husband can look at them everyday and continue to be inspired to keep on runnin'.  We will keep adding more hooks for every new marathon.  I think it will be a nice tradition!  


No comments:

Post a Comment