Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother's Day Project

It has been about 4 weeks since the end of the semester, but extra work has kept me busy, so I'd say I'm on week one of summer "vacation."  I've been busy practicing cello and playing my favorite role, "stay at home mom" to my lil' babe.  Of course there has been some crafting too (not as much as I might like, but it's still early.....).

I created my first summer project to celebrate the wonderful grandmothers that Olivia has in her life.  I made my mother and mother-in-law these signs for Mother's Day.

I was pretty happy with the way that they turned out!  It was definitely the hardest project I've undertaken so far, but that's all part of the fun.  I started with a plain plaque from Hobby Lobby and gave it a couple of coats of spray paint.  I created the letters out of vinyl with my new baby, my silhouette machine.  Printed the photos at Target and, boom, DONE!   It may not have been totally that seamless (there was lots of measuring, remeasuring, and measuring again) but I'll spare you the nitty grit...On to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment